1) The official name of Great Britain is the United Kingdom of Great Britain
and Northern Ireland (UK).
2) It occupies the territory of the British Isles.
3) It is composed of about 5,500 large and small islands.
4) The two biggest islands are Great Britain and Ireland.
5) Great Britain (UK) consists of four countries: England, Scotland, Wales
and Northern Ireland.
6) Their capitals are London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast.
7) The total area of the UK is about 244,100 square kilometers.
8) The country is washed by the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea and the Irish
9) The population of Great Britain is over 57 million people.
10) As the United Kingdom is an island state the climate there is very
11) It is not very cold in winter and never very hot in summer.
12) There is no ice on the lakes and rivers in winter.
13) It often rains in all seasons.
14) Besides, Britain is famous for its fogs.
15) The weather changes so often that Englishmen say that they have no
climate in Great Britain, but only weather.
16) The nature of Great Britain is picturesque.
17) There are many rivers and beautiful lakes there.
18) One of the most wonderful parts of the country is called Lake District.
19) The main rivers of Great Britain are the Severn and the Thames.
20) There are no great forests in the British Isles.
<< Предыдущая реферат
Следующий реферат >>